PAGES

Thursday 15 September 2011

ALEXANDER BATSIS

I find the historical processes of bespoke tailoring a major importance within my own tailoring practise. I introduce these old world techniques to my current fashion practise whilst applying an agency of thought to the body – and its relation to the tailored form. Paying homage to historical iconography is an important aspect in my design conduct, it allows me to understand the progression - and in turn - the transgression of how tailoring has evolved and disseminated within the current fashion landscape. I find that throughout my design process – right from the cognition stage to design enquiry, I tend to amalgamate a collective series of ideas, thoughts and images in order to conceptualise and contextualise innovative and personal representations of tailoring.

No comments:

Post a Comment