PAGES

Wednesday 14 September 2011

EMILY PETA PEDLER


Self confessed shopaholic (aren’t we all?), chatter box, nail polish obsessed, would do anything for a dozen oysters, and at the moment, aspiring tailor.
For this semester I decided to take a relatively simple design, and try to take it forward in a unique way which still utilised traditional tailoring techniques. This thought process inspired me to take the tailoring technique of padding, and interpret it into a quilting method to create volume and shape in the skirt of my jacket. My current design consists of a fairly classically tailored bodice, shapely quilted skirt which exaggerates on classic designs, a statement collar and shoulders which utilise padding methods.  I am very happy with my design at the moment, and unless challenges which I cannot overcome arise, I want my final garment to look very similar to my current idea. 
I look forward to really starting to work on my jacket, and I hope it turns out the way I have planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment